ULTRA VIOLET LIGHT WATER PURIFIER
Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) is a disinfection method that uses short-wavelength ultraviolet(UV-C) light to kill or inactivate microorganisms by destroying nucleic acids and disrupting their DNA, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions.
UV light damages the DNA in bacteria, viruses, molds and some protozoa, leaving them unable to perform cellular functions and multiply. UV is particularly highly effective against Cryptosporidium and Giardia – organisms resistant to chlorine that are a major risk to human health. Another advantage of UV is the absence of taste and odor.
UV Purification > Chemical Disinfectant
UV systems are an effective means of water disinfection for residential point of entry use to help disinfect the entire home. UV systems are highly recommended to homeowners who may suspect any E.coli, cryptosporidium, giardia or any other types of bacteria and viruses in the water. It is not advised to use chlorine or other chemicals to disinfect water like private well owners, because of the toxic byproducts they create. It is important to avoid drinking any water that is potentially contaminated from bacteria to protect yourself from any water-borne bacterial diseases.
- More effective against viruses than chlorine
- Environmentally and user friendly, no dangerous chemicals to handle or store, no risks of overdosing
- Low initial capital cost as well as reduced operating expenses when compared with similar technologies such as ozone, chlorine, etc.
- Immediate treatment process, no need for holding tanks, long retention times, etc.
- Extremely economical, hundreds of gallons may be treated for each penny of operating cost
- No chemicals added to the water supply – no byproducts, (i.e. chlorine + organic compounds = trihalomethanes)
- No change in taste, odor, pH, conductivity, nor the general chemistry of the water
- Automatic operation without special attention or measurement, operator friendly
- Simplicity and ease of maintenance, periodic cleaning, (if applicable), and annual lamp replacement, no moving parts to wear out
- No handling of toxic chemicals, no need for specialized storage requirements
- Easy installation, only two water connections and a power connection
- Compatible with all other water purification processes, (i.e. reverse osmosis, filtration, water conditioning and softening)